CBMT INTERNATIONAL EXAM APPLICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
An international applicant for the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) Examination is an applicant who has completed their Music Therapy degree in a country outside of the USA or Canada. Applicants for Board Certification must have successfully completed all academic and clinical training requirements for their music therapy degree to apply for the board exam.
Graduates of Music Therapy Degree Programs Outside of the USA and Canada
To apply as an applicant with a music therapy degree from an academic university outside of the USA or Canada:
1. Login to the CBMT website at CBMT.org as a New Customer and create an account. Click on the Candidate section to create an Exam Application to apply for the exam.
2. Contact each college/university you attended and have a copy of your official transcripts mailed or sent electronically to the CBMT office:
506 E LANCASTER AVE STE 102
DOWNINGTOWN PA 19335 USA
- Official electronic transcripts must be sent from the school to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For non-English transcripts, request an English translation be sent with the transcripts.
- If an English translation cannot be sent with the transcript, contact the CBMT.